Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bags, Bags, Bags,




I completed five bags yesterday. They were all in different stages of construction. Some needed the wood insert in the bottom. That's my least favorite part of the bag, so I usuallyl do it first, not last. It took me months to find the right kind of cedar shakes, which provide lightweight support for the bottom of the bags. Home Depot in Utica had good ones. Sometimes they are are so full of knots and holes I can't use them. Then I needed to make buttons...It was a beautiful day outside, so I kept looking out the window, stepping out the door for some cool, fresh air. When I was at Fingerlakes I had a chance to check out a bag made by, "In the Bag," which I had seen advertised in a knitting magazine. Nothing special, I can tell you that. I opened the bag and there was nothing inside but a little patch pocket! No support at all on the bottom. I wonder how they got a picture in the "New Products" section of the magazine? I put together some Mother Fiber Roving Samplers last night while watching the "The Search for King Arthur" on the History Channel. What a terrific lesson on British history. That was followed by "The Search for Troy," also very interesting. By that time SNL was coming on and it was SO New Jersey. The host was none other than Jon Bongiovi. The whole thing was a spoof about guidos and big-hairs. Very hilarious, but I had to give in and go to bed. Big week ahead, with a bigger weekend at the end of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can usually get a new product review in a magazine by sending a sample to the editor. It's good to contact them first but they are always looking for something interesting. Joan in MS