Tuesday, July 03, 2007

There They Go!


As I watched the flock go out to the lower pasture I thought...they won't go far. They have so much to eat right here, they will stop at the tree line, etc. etc. etc. Well, they did stay and eat where I wanted them to, but one of them, and sometimes it only takes one, decided to turn right and the whole flock marched right through Sister Grace's garden. Matt saw them out the window of the room he was painting and started screaming. We both ran after the sheep and instead of chasing them back into the gate to our farm, we managed to chase them right back through the garden the way they came. Fortunately, they only trampled the leeks and I will pay Sister for them when she comes back from the convent. Sister has taken a vow of poverty but does appreciate a little cash now and then to supplement her allowance from the Franciscans. I told Matt I wanted to keep them in and buy some round bales for them to eat until we can get some proper fencing up. He wants them out to graze but from now on one of us will have to be a shepherd and babysit them. In the meantime I will have to find a recipe for leek soup!

No comments: