Monday, July 30, 2007

So Deal With It







Everywhere I look I am reminded of the Little Ones. Hannah's egg basket, the chicken room, the kittens, the birdhouses they assembled and painted yesterday when Mommy and Daddy were napping, Izzy (Luke's best friend on Omi's Farm), their bedroom, it goes on and on. What I would give to hear Luke answer the telephone again. The other day it went something like this: Imagine a teeny tiny kiddie voice - "Who is this, who is this? I am Luke, who is this? What? What? Matt? There is no Matt here! Oh, you mean Poppy? Oh, he's outside working on the farm. Okay, he'll call you back." I don't think Luke knows my name is Maggie! What I would give to hear that cute little voice again. Luke will be six in August and is starting kindergarten next month, too. It was so nice to talk to my son, Eric, who is really busy pursuing a career with the Boy Scouts. He will soon take his pilot's license test which will allow him to fly with people (including me) in his airplane. I asked him to fly me over the Grand Canyon and he said he would. I called Mia and had a nice chat which really helped. It made me snap out of my own melancholy when I was reminded of the stress she is under. Mia is taking her nursing boards on Wednesday and getting ready to move into her new apartment. She found a room mate on My Space - a web designer who has a chocolate lab (with a Coach collar) who works at home and coaches tennis. Mia says she is thrilled with this young woman and happy there will be a dog in the apt. Mia wants to walk across Morristown to the hospital where she will be working. You can't park there any more as they bus people in from the local community swimming pool. I am waiting to see how long that lasts (bad weather, etc.)although Mia is a marathon runner and perfectly capable of making the distance (four miles, maybe?). I am so, so happy for my little angel of mercy. Thank Goodness this angel doesn't live thousands of miles away. In the meantime I am diving into a black Merino fleece I bought at New Hampshire Sheep and Wool. Just the smell of the grease wool and the feel of it in my fingers made me feel better. I will combine this wool with my own colored Bluefaced Leicester and angora for some lovely yarn.

No comments: