Monday, September 19, 2011

Mother Fiber in Many Forms




I enjoy stepping back and watching people come through my booth. It's very satisfying to see people interested in what I make. The Fingerlakes weekend this year was very successful, with no indication of the economic crisis that I could tell. My friend, Diane Edwards of Sweet Annie's Handspun, told me something interesting yesterday. She says the people who have money have more money now, and she is not lowering her prices the way I have done with my Bundaflicka totes. I think she may have a point. Kimmie convinced me to raise my Mother Fiber price to $40 a pound from $30. I was concerned about lack of sales at that price, but I still sold my precious wool. There was a good amount of Mother Fiber Roving (because Wool is the Mother of All Fibers), handspun yarn, and machine spun Mother Fiber, leaving the booth. God Bless America.

No comments: