Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday...


Five day work weeks are tough! The first whole working week is over, and it's pay day, ending a drought of a few months. To celebrate, I filled up my car half-way, and bought myself two bags of baby spinach for dinner - almost EIGHT DOLLARS! Love the stuff. Today went well at school. I promised the kids a movie on Friday if they worked, behaved, etc., all week. We watched Last of the Mohicans, by James Fenimore Cooper, who wrote about this area. Adults were enthralled - students not very, but we didn't care. Our kickball game was lots of fun. I got a home run, much to the students amusement when I could run the bases fast enough so that none of them could hit me with the ball. When coming down the big hill into New Berlin on King's Settlement Road I was caught in this lovely New York State traffic jam. My school bus was often stopped by cows crossing when growing up in Somerset County, New Jersey, just 40 miles west of Manhattan. No more cows there - just golf courses and McMansions.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Very interesting! I'll be in Bridgewater and Somerset next week on business. I'll look for cows!