Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Misty Morning Walk






When I saw the sky streaked with pink out the window this morning, I decided I just had to get outside. The dogs and I climbed the big hill to gaze at the lovely vista below and beyond. I was reminded of Lizzie in Pride and Prejudice and how she decided to talk a walk at the same time of day and found Mr. Darcy in the mist. Have to show that movie to Hannah. The sheep were scattered about and were surprised to see us up there so early. Some of them hid in the grass - crouching tiger, hidden sheep! We said hello to Chris at his final resting place where nature is doing her work to claim him. I miss his handsome silhouette in the pasture. Thankfully I have lots of pictures of him. Back down the hill where we checked out the apple trees heavy with fruit. I don't pick them, I just let them drop where they are gobbled up by sheep and goats - manna from heaven to them. We stopped by the hidden pond, tucked under the ridge, where I plan on putting up a cabin for rough camping with no electric and kerosene lanterns for light. Lots of shale outcroppings back there. I understand why that field was left unturned as tractors would have a heck of a time going over that land. The spring water I drink filters through that shale making for a delicious, mineral rich water.

No comments: