Saturday, August 13, 2011

Manna from Heaven


Just as they promised, the Postma brothers are sending over wagons full of sweet-smelling, lovely green second cut hay. We agreed on an "off the wagon" price for 2,000 bales and they will bring it right from the field, which will prevent them having to load up a truck to deliver it to me during the winter when weather conditions are less favorable. The hay elevator is working two-thirds of the way across the barn. My barn is 240 long, with an enormous capacity for hay. Unfortunately the last leg of the elevator is broken and I have to carry bales to the far end. With some careful reduction of sheep numbers, this may be the first winter I don't run out of hay. I'm heading over to the market now with five new totes. I'm using some of the new Gunlocke office furniture upholstery fabric Carol Crayonbox got for me and it's great for linings. I have to work like crazy on product the next three weeks, between stacking hay and walks up the hill to lie in the grass, stare at the clouds and dream.

No comments: