Friday, March 11, 2011

Three Weeks Ago


This week has drawn to an end, with gray skies, much precipitation and melting, but clear roads. Would we appreciate summer so much without the cold and inconvenience of winter? I don't think so. It's been three weeks since the Wedding of the Century (for me, that is) has taken place. I wish it wasn't over. As glorious as it was in many ways, I think of things I would have done differently, but that is my nature - to mull things over instead of leaving it alone. Mia is thrilled with her wedding and reports that married life is everything she hoped it would be. That's music to my ears. She and Andrew are moving in with Andrew's parents in Succasunna to save money for their own house. There are two rooms available to them there, and Mia says she is way too busy with school and work to look for a house now anyway. The two thousand dollars a month rent they will save will go a long way toward a down payment. Housing around Morristown is prohibitively expensive, to say the least. I have my sheep to keep me company and make me happy, which is why I have them in the first place (oh, yes, there's the wool). It was so nice to have so many people I love in the same room together, even for just a few hours. I don't know when I will see them all again as we are spread out all over the world.

No comments: