Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Love Them Taters


I bought a 50 pound bag of "cull" potatoes from Ron Wagner, the veggie guy across from me at the farmer's market. He sells the big bag of culls for $10. The only thing wrong with them is their odd shapes. I kind of enjoy the funny taters in all shapes and sizes. The 50 pounds of taters lasted almost six months. I made mashed potatoes with lots of veggie pepper, sea salt, butter and DILL, my favorite spice, with sage sausages and asparagus for dinner tonight. It was mouth wateringly delicious. Beastie Boy was very satisfied and is now stretched out on the sofa in his chore clothes. I miss the Hamilton farmer's market and all the lovely wondrous crafts and food. My application came in the mail recently and I will definitely do the market again this year. After chores I should really put a dent in the dishes but I'm better at that first thing in the morning while I'm waiting for the coffee to drip. Little Bella is underneath my sewing machine, watching me intently. She spent the day in the barn in her own pen where she can see everybody but they can't get at her and step on her, or butt her. Bella was SOOOO happy to see me when I got home from work. She jumped up and started doing a little dance, which is unusual for Bella. She makes little baas when I walk past her in the house, but rarely does a happy dance. I feel better about leaving her in the barn, even though she does not play well with others. She took a nice long bottle for me and I took her in the house. A little sewing for me tonight, then some shut eye. Cinnamon tea for my night-night drink, then I'm going horizontal - before it's too late!!

No comments: