Saturday, March 05, 2011

Storm Coming


We got hay in and I got out to the post office and feed mill before the weather comes in. Looks like we are missing most of the rain today but snow is forecast for tomorrow night and Monday morning. I know this teacher is thinking "what if?" for a snow day. We'll see. When I was loading up at the Louis Gale Feed Mill in Waterville, I thought I might as well go up to Utica where I might find 100% sodium hydroxide for soapmaking at Lowe's, and make a stop at Price Chopper instead of throwing money away at the cute little local market in New Berlin. I can get a pound of fresh spinach for $2.99 instead of $3.79 for a tiny package. While I was there I wandered through Joann's and found the perfect, unusually colored purplish, lining for a fabric I'm dying to make a bag out of, but, as luck would have it, my coupons were home. A nice saleslady tried to find me a leaflet with coupons but they all started tomorrow. Bummer. I picked up a few blocks of Fimo polymer clay for Bundaflicka Buttons. The cycle starts again with the Maryland Sheep and Wool the first weekend in May. I'm doing New Hampshire Sheep and Wool this year, the weekend after Maryland. I don't quite know how I'm going to get there, and Kimmie Cornerstone is not sure she can make it. I wish I had a "driver" I could count on to stay awake and drive me hither and yon. The last two years returning from Md. Sheep and Wool in the middle of the night, trying to get home for work Monday morning, I fell asleep at the wheel. Kim noticed it and decided she's not afraid to pull a trailer after all, and took over. I can't imagine why! Out to the barn with afternoon bottles go I. Little Bella is not coming along the way I would like. She should be bouncing around now and instead lies around. I have her back on an antiobiotic as I fear joint ill again, and Nutri Drench for vitamins and minerals. I'm at a loss as to why she's not thriving. I know she's happier inside with me and the dogs. In the barn she looks so depressed and curls up with her head down. I need to find a new sheep vet and don't quite know who to call.

No comments: