Sunday, March 20, 2011

"I Love A Warm Pig Belly...


...don't you, Um?" Some movies grow on me and I watch them over and over again. I notice new things every time. Alice in Wonderland is one of them. Love the Red Queen, the white rabbit, and all the critters, and Alice's hair is fantastic. If I could just get mine to look like that. Will do some sewing before I start various things. Got a batch of creme made last night and it came out so nice and creamy. If only I could get it to come out the same way twice, but it's always wonderfully soothing and healing. I'm doing tails and balls today. I hate to neuter my little boys, but it's the only way I can keep them for wool without them making complete nuisances out of themselves. I have some spectacular black males, big boys, 3/4 Bluefaced Leicester and 1/4 Merino, with thick soft fleeces that will give me some luscious wool. Some of my best ewes had males. They are taking such good care of their boys, too. I'm firing up the dye pots today, if I can get the two remaining burners on my dye stove to work. I'll have to scrape away the chicken droppings. Who could blame the birds for wanting to roost over the stove which I kept on for the kitties when it was 20 below zero? I have to take Matt to the airport in Syracuse and pick up some shims while I'm there. I use cedar roofing shims for the bottom supports in my Bundaflicka Bags. Not just any shims, but nice, clean pretty shims. There is a Home Depot in Syracuse that always has the good ones that are not oily or full of knots. I found out that many Bundaflicka afficienados take their bottom supports out, which I never understood, but I like to put them in for the lap tops and textbook people. The wood keeps the bottom boxy and square. Too bad I woke up at 4:50 this morning. Bella enjoyed having her bottle early, and I got my foamy cappucino ala Annie T. made early, but I will drag a bit later to be sure. I think I will sew a bit before the sun comes up, and maybe ply that yellow that's been on the bobbins for a couple of months now.

No comments: