Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Corn Fritters

Spent some time forking loose hay that fell off the round bales in the upper mow.  So much fun to throw it down to the sheep and hear them munching.  The gang loves this hay.  Feeding them made me wonder what I would feed the spousal unit for lunch.   He doesn't like breakfast but with nothing in his belly all morning lunch becomes an urgent matter.  With all the snow and not commuting to town for work over the last week I have not done any food shopping.  The larder is empty except for a few cans of corn and black beans.  I thought I would try some corn fritters with a little creativity.    I threw this and that in the bowl, fried up the fritters, put the plate in front of him and waited.  Not a sound, not a hmmmmm or a grunt.  I finally had to ask.  He says they are pretty good.   I think they are pretty good too.  Here is what I did:

Two cans of sweet kernel corn.
Half cup of flour'
Half cup of Italian bread crumbs
Large tablespoon of mayonaisse
Two large brown eggs
A dribble of honey
Teaspoon of salt
Teaspoon of veggie pepper
Tablespoon of All-Purpose Seasoning (from Enchanted Pantry spices)
Pinch of lemon curry
One medium onion
Tablespoon of butter


Dice the onion and saute in butter, pour into bowl.  Mix all ingredients together.  Melt more butter in the non-stick pan and drop fritters in using a serving spoon.   Fry under golden brown, flip and do the same.  Serve with maple syrup if desired.  


No comments: