Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It's All About Sheep


Behind all the lovely yarns and fibers, there are the sheep who make it all possible. Wool is the Mother of All Fibers. Alpacas, Buffalo, Musk Ox, Goats, they all pale in comparison to the animal that is the skeleton on which it all hangs - sheep. Sheep have fed and clothed us through the ages, paid for the Crusades and all those castles in Europe. Wool is a miracle fiber that, no surprise, is taken for granted because it is so plentiful. What other fiber is flame retardant, water repellent, and even breathes while keeping you warm? If there is another fiber that does all that please tell me. I better go hug and sheep.

1 comment:

Henya said...

I agree. While I love other fibers, wool - id the perfect one for me. I will add that it is cool in the Summer and keeps us toasty warm in the coldest Winter.