Thursday, July 17, 2008

Wet Hay


Everybody who has a field and a tractor has been getting hay in around here. I called the farmer who is doing hay for me to ask, rather impatiently, why he is not doing my hay. The weather has been perfect for the last few days. Well, he came to cut the hay. It dried perfectly on the ground but he didn't come to bale it. As I rode home with the kids from New Berlin I saw old Mr. Maxson, age 90 plus, baling hay. I thought, oh, please let me see mine being baled when I drive up my road. No deal. As the black clouds rolled in and the skies opened up I thought, that's it, I just give up! Must be a hundred bales worth soaked on the ground. When we walked back from the creek, he rolled up in his tractor. He was busy plowing somewhere else when the rain came.

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

HUGS!!!!! Go breath that delicious fresh bread smell and enjoy Hannah and Luke -all stress will go away with those smiles (grin)
HUGS to all

Kim