Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Ahh, The Pond





We were a little lazy tonight and took the truck up the road to the pond. We left the big dogs home and took Izzy, who was dizzy with all the attention. I told him the big dogs would be jealous and would probably beat him up when he got home, but he didn't care. Hannah and Luke had a rock skipping contest, and raced across the pond in their tube floats. I love to watch them play together, and just sat and took in the happy sounds and the beauty all around me. What paradise! This is the prettiest piece of land in the valley. It's high summer, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it I can. Too soon the kids will be gone and the frogs will have their pond back. Luke decided he wanted to return to the barn, and Hannah wanted to stay. I bundled him up and off he went, heading straight downhill. I lost sight of him but heard the big dogs barking and knew he was going in the right direction. Brave little boy!

No comments: