Friday, July 25, 2008

Packing Up for Grandma's



I started washing the little shorts, tee-shirts, socks, and dresses this morning. Lovely, cool, perfect summer day. The Royal Couch Potatoes are still watching their morning cartoons and eating breakfast. We'll spend the rest of the day rounding up the dozens of toys and belongings to pack for tomorrow's flight to Grandma at the beach. Whatever will Izzy do without his little sidekick? I have my coping mechanisms in place...bags cut out and ready to sew, freshly clipped angora to dye, along with LOTS of fleeces to sort, wash and dye. Beastie Boy finally got the sink in my Milk Room connected so I can turn on the water without it running all over the floor. I have a new on-line fabric shopping web site to peruse and drool over. It was recommended to me by a woman - Martha of Green Mounting Knitting Bags - whose bags I so admire I just had to write her and ask where she buys her fabric. She graciously told me about this site. It's an instant, albeit temporary, cure for my blues...www.fabricguru.com. I was beginning to worry about where I was going to get high end fabric being so far away from NJ now. I'm not worried anymore! I think we will go to the creek to play, and maybe ride up and down the Long Lane to test the roadbed. Maybe we'll spin wheels to check how well the contractor packed the rocks (just kidding, Jan!)

No comments: