Friday, March 30, 2007

It's Friday!



There is something about a Friday that you just can't describe. Especially if it's Pay Day Friday. There is compensation for getting yourself to work and putting up with unbelievable bologna sometimes. I paid the phone bill, electric bill, and prevented myself from taking advantage of the Rainbow Meadow special offer on essential oils. I have a whole box full of essential oils still unpacked, waiting to be added to soap...Oh, do I need to make soap. With New Hampshire Sheep and Wool a month and a half away, I should make soap NOW. It has to cure and be wrapped. But tomorrow I am off to Fulton, New York to deliver little Santa to her new family. Kim and Company are coming south from Ontario to attend a rabbit show. YOu have to understand...Kim is big into rabbits! I am meeting her there. The exact plans have not been finalized. Do I want to spend the day on the highway? Not exactly...but when I think of her two adorable kids with their new doggie, a friend to grow up with, I get all fuzzy inside. The new goat kid, as yet unnamed (it's harder than you think - I try to find meaningful names) is still a little shaky. I don't know if she is nursing, which drives me crazy. Her mouth is warm, a good sign, but she stands hunched over and that worries me. Soooo I rolled mom on her side and put the baby's mouth on the teat - nothing. I nursed some out and made her swallow it (she acts like I am trying to kill her). The first couple of days are critical. When the baby gets stronger she is better able to chase the mom around for food. Matt's on his way home now from NJ...how he can work a ten hour day then drive four hours, picking up pizza for me and the doggies on the way, is amazing. He is buying hay and working on the apt. tomorrow while I take Santa to Fulton. It's almost seven and the sun is bright in the sky. Daylight is a good thing, isn't it?

1 comment:

Wondering Through Life said...

I love your page Maggie... I am a farm girl at heart and a small city women in my 'real world'. Your photos are lovely, I'm so glad to have found your blog and home page. Blessings, Lisa Catherine