Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Vote!


Please vote. Everyone - please vote. It is your obligation, it is your duty as American citizens. Many people died for your right to vote. It is the only real power we have. When I tell my students they have the ability to take out a president, their eyes get wide and they wonder what the heck I'm talking about. Then I tell them they do it with their votes. They can't imagine having such ability, but they do. I was lucky to have a very political mother, who talked about issues and candidates all the time. Today after school I'll go to the little cinder block town hall in Brookfield and cast my vote for my candidates of choice. I'm a hard line Democrat because I believe in supporting social programs like public schools, etc. Republicans want to stop spending but they always support spending money on war. I'd rather build schools than bombs. I know that's an oversimplification, but it boils down to that. Tax breaks for the rich? Trickle down economics? No thanks. The rich don't really care about the poor, or they would not be so rich. I have to get ready to go to my school, where I have issues with the way they spend the state and federal funds they receive, but I support public education and am proud to be a teacher. My state is in trouble. The kids have nowhere to work when they graduate, but I still want them to be educated. Please vote, please vote.

1 comment:

Four Owls Farm said...

I did!! And thanks for my lovely, oh-so-soft, beautiful, red roving!!!!!!!! It's so luxurious and will make fabulous Christmas presents. Suzy