Sunday, November 28, 2010

Old Friends



I had a great time visiting with old friends at Mia's shower. Aunt Carol, Mia's godmother, and I go back to the Dialysis Department at Morristown Memorial Hospital where I was the ward clerk. I have not seen her in 12 years. Carol found my Bodie for me at the Seeing Eye in Morristown where she is a nurse. I asked her to be on the look out for another Bodie to come along. I would love another Golden Retriever, but my code requires an animal that I take in to be homeless or needy in some way. Bodie was rejected from his program before he even began guide dog training as his litter mate had an MS type disease. They decided to adopt out the whole litter and Carol recommended me for a forever home. Sherry and I go back to St. Elizabeth and Dr. Roman's Honors English class. Sherry was looking for a place to live with her dog, Pixie, a feisty Jack Russell Terrier. Her mom was threatening to tie Pixie to a stake in the middle of the highway. I took them both in and we've been friends ever since. That was 18 years ago. Sherry comes up to Brookfield to ride in equestrian events.

No comments: