Saturday, November 20, 2010

Junk Pile Goatie Boys



Nils and Lars, AKA "Goatie Boys" are enjoying a bale of second cut grass hay that fell off the cart on the way up the slippery slope to the barn today. The Goatie Boys have been with me for a while, 7 or 8 years, I think. They are two of a set of triplets. Oh, what a night that was, when they were born. Mom was really worn down from carrying them and couldn't push them out. I pulled all three out of her, one by one. They were doing fine until I offered them a flake of pure alfafa hay. One little boy kid had an allergic fit and died in my arms. I don't do alfafa any more. It's often covered with chemicals. Grass hay is the way to go, in my experience. The Goatie Boys, all three of them, are featured in my favorite handspun lamb coat picture.

No comments: