Friday, February 01, 2008

You Want Me to Go Where????





It's a nasty, nasty day. The snow this morning quickly changed into freezing rain - but the hungry sheep and goats make their way out to the round bales anyway. Good thing the lambs have their thick wool sweaters on. They shed water quite well. I reach my hand underneath a cold wet sweater and the lamb is toasty warm. God Bless Wool!! Some of the sheep (like Andrew and my Baby Thunder) won't venture out in the sleet. I am out of square bales and can't take any more away from my insulating layer on top of the apt. Lambing this year, which is taking place on a wing and a prayer, with no extras in the way of supplements or supplies, is going better than I anticipated. It's truly been life on the frontier. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I have several more ewes to go, including two who had problems last year. End of February I should be out of the woods, lambing-wise, that is.

No comments: