Friday, February 22, 2008

My Stash




My stash is everywhere...in baskets on tables, in bags hanging from every knob or nail. When my "work room," which is the room between the apartment and the sheep, is finished I will bring some big breakfronts from the tractor shed to put it in. If I was organzied I would have a much easier life. My stash reflects my inner chaos, things scattered everywhere. When I started knitting Mia's mittens I knew I had several pairs of double pointed needles, but they were all on projects, mostly socks, in different bags, baskets and totes, all over the farm. Moving three times in eight years has not helped with getting organized. Living in a little trailer for a year when we first moved here hasn't either. Little by little...in the meantime I am enjoying my last day of vacation. It's snowing, I have a fire burning in the wood stove and the apartment has not filled up with black smoke. I confess I am disappointed with the whole wood stove situation. I have always had a fireplace, and miss it so much. I hate having to open a door all the time to put wood in, then closing the fire up inside. When I build a house on the hill I will definitely have a stone fireplace instead, no matter how inefficient it is. I have packages to mail, bunnies to groom, cages to scrape out, on and on. Matt wants the bottle babies out in the barn, but it's soooo cold, and the work room seems just right for them now. He's right, they need to be with their own kind. I'm going back to work on Monday (ouch) and they will be alone all day. I ordered a hanging bucket for their milk which will take some getting used to. I hate to be the last to leave and the first to get home and find any disasters or tragedies that took place while I'm gone. Matt says his work will take him away a lot and I won't see him much. I said, okay, just send money.

No comments: