Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Sometimes...



Sometimes you just have to let them go...I worked on this guy's twin sister for an hour before she died in my arms. I may have a barn full of lambs but I can't stand to lose a goat kid. There's just something about them, especially the little black girls...like a shiny black gem. Maybe if Matt woke me up sooner I might have gotten the chill out of her - who knows. It's so sad and I have to shake it off or I can't take care of everybody else properly. Brother twin is up and nursing and should do fine. I have a goat mother who's been in labor since yesterday and something is wrong. She's swollen and uncomfortable. I have to check her and I hate to do that (so does she). There's always the danger of infection, and I have such big hands!!!

No comments: