Saturday, February 02, 2008

Decisions, Decisions


Let's see - do I pay the phone bill or buy hay? Hmmmmm, the only time the phone rings is when someone wants money. Might put a dent in Matt's job hunting, though. Problem is - the computer is included with the phone. I can check email and make calls from work. I don't like to talk to people anyway and I have to do it all the time at work. Matt had a second interview for the absolute perfect job for him yesterday. I'm not allowed to talk about it or it will be jinxed, Matt says. If I don't pay the phone bill they can't call to tell him yes, or no - if they plan on being nice enough to call and say no. Most no-go interviews don't call, we just don't hear anything. He had a post and beam addition in the works for spring but the architect just emailed yesterday that for financial reasons it has been put-off until summer. Sounds about right for the construction business these days...which is why he's getting out of it. The carpenter starves while people watch their stocks and bonds and get nervous. I constantly feel like I'm climbing uphill...

No comments: