Friday, April 26, 2013

Uh-Oh

Clipped a goatie girl in the maternity pen last night.  Beautiful mohair that should have come off a month ago. Story of my life.  This skinny little girl is so pregnant and puffy I can't believe she didn't give birth last night.  Got back inside around 9:15 intending to get right to work.  Didn't sit down at the machine until ten.  By the time Jay Leno came on I had two partially finished bags hanging from the rafters with cute Diane Edwards buttons on.  I was so tired I and the dogs were so sound asleep I decided to take a chance and not do a barn check.  Woke up to see sheep dotting the horizon through the window.  Somebody forgot to close the gate!  This would be the ultimate bucolic wild farm scene if I did not have to bomb out the door to work.  Luckily spouse is heading out to a weatherization meeting in Albany and doesn't have to leave until later.  He'll get Izzy out there and bring them in before he leaves.  Izzy only has one direction.  He can't collect the flock, but he can drive it.   I like Fridays in school.  Everyone is happy about it being Friday.  Today we have a breakfast buffet in honor of a teacher aide who is retiring.  Fawn and I are set up to make hand made paper.  What a big production that is.  Three tables full of trays, deckles, sponges, dyes, botanicals, irons, etc.  We'll see how it goes.  I would like to do papermaking as my observation and we are making a test run to see if it will work.  Good to plan something unique and exciting for the principal to watch, but one should use discretion with my student population.  No baby goats this morning.  I'm thankful for that as it is below freezing and that baby would have been shivering.  I have sweaters ready for them.  Very excited...I adore my goat babies, and mohair is to dye for. 

1 comment:

Annie said...

Luke is working on his pulp and papermaking merit badge right now. How are you making the paper in your class?