Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Surprise!

I saw the UPS truck going along my road from way up on top of the hill.  Needless to say I made my way down with the doggies lickedy split.  Two months of hard work harvesting my wool and mohair, then picking, washing, dyeing, stirring, simmering, washing again and drying, would pay off in three giant boxes of buttery soft Bluefaced Leicester fibery goodness.  The three big runs and one little mohair run are different than what I expected but very beautiful and that's okay.   I can't wait to spin a sample of them, if time allows before I leave for Maryland.  I'm also anxious to see the look on Kimmie Cornerstone's face when she sees this year's wooly produce.  I know these colors will be fantastic in Carol Crayonbox's designer knitted purses, too.  The black adult mohair is nicer than I hoped it would be.  The only dye I had left on the farm was blue - no time to have more shipped in and get it to the mill in time for Maryland.  This lovely denim color will be alot of fun to spin and fantastic for sock yarn.   Love the apple green, and the orangey-red is so iridescent and soft.  The goldish-chartreuse is dotted with fuschia angora rabbit.  All will be available at Maryland Sheep and Wool, just one short hour west of Baltimore, and on-line as soon as I can post it.

No comments: