Monday, October 29, 2012

Sockies!

I adore hand knit socks.  The booth a few spaces down from me brought this lovely display piece to Rhinebeck this year.  It was made by a local welder to display their sample socks - only one each!  I think it's very cool.  None of the socks can compare with the Sockladyspins socks I collect and adore.   Lynne is still up north in the wilderness of British Columbia, knitting her artsy and durable socks.  None of mine have sprung a hole, even after several years of wearings and washings.  With my earnings from this year's festival I ordered myself another pair.  If I could knit fancy socks like my friend Gretchen and my daughter-in-law Annie, I would.  So far I have mastered the Handspun and Handknit Basic Sock Pattern.  I think socks are the perfect, portable and functional thing to knit.

No comments: