Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Come and Gone

Hurricane Sandy did what they said she would do...wreak havoc and devastation to my both my home states.  I almost feel guilty that the heart of New York, where my little farm is located, seemed to be surrounded by a force field that protected it from the wild wind that destroyed so much of the northeast.  I lost internet for most of the day but that's it.   School was cancelled today and when I wasn't sewing I was out in the barn with the critters. Mia called to say she was okay.  What a relief.  Morristown is a wreck, with no power and trees/electric wires all over the roads.  The hospital has generators to provide power and nurses are allowed to sleep over.  It will be days or even weeks to get back to normal.  When we think we have a grip on it Mother Nature has a way of slapping us back down  and putting things in another perspective.  Thor had a good idea on how to ride out the hurricane - in my hay box.  What a big baby.   I brought the White Boys - Thor, Finn and Knut in the barn for the night.  It was more for me than them - but they loved it.  When the big snows come they will live in the barn with the sheep.   Makes sense as the sheep will be in here too. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful to see your critters - including the big white baby Thor - staying warm and cozy during the storm and to know that you and all of them are safe and well. Here's to sunny days ahead!