Monday, September 03, 2012

Totes

There is something about a little tote...I'm trying to make some smaller totes, as my artistic adviser, Mia, suggested.   The baby is 13 by 16, enough to carry a small knitting project, an Ipad, and a book.    I love this fabric, off the bolt at Joann's, because the dark brown is so earthy and basic and the flowers look like they are hand painted.  The lining is that durable office upholstery fabric and, as always, the signature Bundaflicka 8 pocket structure keeps everything organized.  I like easy access bags where you can see everything inside.  Some bags are so dark it's tough to see what you've got in there.  I might give myself a back-to-school tote this year and this Monet Tote might be the one.  I can't believe I still love sewing so much.  When I get tired of something it doesn't get done.   I loved working at home over the summer, cutting out bags on whim and sewing to my hearts delight, with Luke and Hannah to keep me company.  Would I appreciate it so much if I could do it all year long?  Yes, I think I would.

No comments: