Thursday, September 27, 2012

Simply Gorgeous

With the rat race going full tilt it's easy to forget that I live in paradise.  This area of New York is absolutely stunningly beautiful, especially this time of year.  I had to make a few stops on the way home, including gas (ouch), milk replacer for little Rudolpho who cries for his bottle every night, and two bales of hay from Homestead Feed for $5.50 a bale (until I can find some local square bales) for the "boys in the back."   Still haven't figured out how to feed my fifty round bales.  School is "challenging" with some very tough kids.  My colleagues are out-of-this-world wonderful and they keep me going.  Thank God.  I was rushing home to meet Andrew, a former student, who is a terrific farm helper.  He stacked four cords of wood very nicely and will come back with more help to shear on October 8.  I am hoping to bring some fresh raw fleeces to Rhinebeck.  Before I pulled in I drove up the hill to check on the sheep and decided to pause and ponder the beauty of the hills.  Next week is peak color here...a very nice gift for me.

No comments: