Wednesday, July 18, 2012

On Deck

I think I'll spin a bit before the day gets going.  I'm still spinning the celery/sky/blue/salmon mohair and think I will ply it back on itself this time.  I was plying it to the pink BFL but the pretty green was swallowed by the pink.  I have a habit of filling the large Robin wheel bobbin to the brim with rather fine spinning.  It takes hours to ply and people have no idea of the time it takes to make this lovely yarn.  The hours simply cannot be calculated.  I see fiber artists offering one strand yarn for sale, which is fine, but it simply cannot be compared to two ply yarn which has to be spun THREE times.  Two bobbins must be spun, then spun again on to a third bobbin in the other direction.  That's okay, I don't care if it never sells - it's just so precious, and I love the do it.  It's the process, not the product. sometimes.  We have to do a Louis Gale Feed Mill run, then we'll probably swim again.   Luke is so cute - he told me again yesterday how much he loves the pond.  He caught the frog he's been stalking for a few days, and asked me to "feel the belly!"   I bravely complied, then found myself underwater, raft overturned, when the slimy beast was tossed at me by my playful grandson.   The doggies love the pond, too.  The White Boys don't swim, but they wade in to cool off and hang with us in the water.  That pond was a life-saver yesterday when the temps hit 100 F. in Syracuse, a record setting day.

No comments: