Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Fun on the Fourth

My plan to spend the 4th of July on the Hamilton town square worked very nicely. The weather cooperated and we had a great day.  Hannah and Luke thoroughly enjoyed the festival.  I stayed in the booth and gave Luke my camera to take pictures of the parade.  Many of my vendor friends were there and lots of tourists, too.  Shelley Crouch came to pick up her bag and she loved it.  She's the graduate student who called up and asked for a bag "just like the one her mother bought two years ago."  That was funny because I make my bags out of remnants and can never make very many of one kind of fabric.  Hannah shopped for jewelry and Luke stood in a very long line to get a Blooming Onion.  Speaking of food...the electric service was overwhelmed by the giant food trucks sucking juice.  It was not long before the two big trucks, and one across from me, had fired up their generators.  The roar was deafening in my little booth and I could hardly communicate with customers.  I will definitely ask for a different spot for the next 4th of July.  

No comments: