Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Firelight

Luke made us a lovely fire last night.  He uses the tent method, which I suspect he learned in Cub Scouts.  I always preferred the box method, with four logs forming a receptacle for kindling and sticks.  Luke does it just fine.  No more old furniture to cut up and burn.  Mia and Luke took care of the last rattan Pier One kitchen chair in the pile.  We went to a showing of Brave in the afternoon, which I was trying to keep an open mind about, knowing nothing about it.  Brave was absolutely delightful and I loved every minute of it.  Some kiddie movies are truly for all ages.   The Scottish castles, kilts and magic were wonderful.  We motored over to Panera to get French baguettes for Hannah and Luke who both love them, along with Luke's favorite blueberry muffins.  After a quick stop at B&N where I was thrilled to find the July British Country Living (missed May and June!!)  we drove home happy and content.  I melted aged local Gouda with butter on the baguettes for dinner and we went about chores.  The evening was cool and the sunset spectacular.  I poured myself some Harvey's over ice and enjoyed a hot mushy marshmallow cooked just the way I like it by Luke.  When the stars came out we ventured back inside and I topped off the evening with my British Country Living and the day's NY Times.  Lukie was on the other side of the sofa with his little hand-held gaming device going full tilt while watching Cars II on TV.  Hannah was on the other sofa, also on her little machine.   We remained like that into the wee hours, without a care in the world.  Life is good.

No comments: