Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Sign Project



There was an interim owner of this farm, between Chris Kupris and myself. From what I heard, he was quite the "playboy" who used this farm as a country getaway. I guess he had a little too much getaway on the farm, because he shortly found himself divorced. Sadly, the guy sold this beautiful 350 farm to developers who broke it all up. By the time I was able to buy it, only the barn and a few acres was left. I consider the barn to be the heart of the farm, so I feel like I have the best part. Anyway, the playboy had a very fancy sign made, which has been lying in the tractor shed. I want my own farm sign and decided I would recycle this fancy sign. Nothing elaborate is on the drawing board. Hannah, Luke and I sanded it down today and coated it with Kilz. I brought some stencils home from school and we will paint it ourselves. A fine sturdy stand is in the ground (Andrew referred to it as the Stonehenge structure), ready for us to hang the sign up when finished.

1 comment:

Henya said...

Can not wait to see what you will come up with.