Sunday, July 17, 2011

Farm Sign Progress


I wanted something for the middle of the farm sign, but didn't feel confident about painting something "real life." So I painted this whimsical Geep I call it - kind of a cross between a sheep and a goat. Incredibly, I really like the way it turned out. I have to unearth some blue paint for the eye. Once I get a coat of polyurethan on the sign, I'll flip it over and do the lettering and another Geep on the other side. I'm shooting for a gala farm sign hanging celebration at the end of this coming week. I'll sit on Knut's igloo and watch to see if cars slow down, or speed up, or shoot paint ball guns at it.

4 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Very cute!!!!!!!
Looks awesome -can't wait to see it hanging on the hill :)
HUGS Kim and Crew

Eric Tarbox said...

Wow, this is great! Thanks for including the children. I'm sure they will always remember painting Omi's Sign.

Four Owls Farm said...

I very cute Geep - Nicely done Maggie :) !!

andrea said...

LOVE the geep!