Saturday, July 09, 2011

First Pond Swim




We hooked up with Shepherd Mary today and Luke was overjoyed. Mary is Luke's idea of the ultimate woman. After picking veggies in Mary's ample garden, we spent a lovely couple of hours up at the pond, chatting and getting reacquainted. Izzy decided to float on the raft, perched on my back with nails sunken into my sunburned shoulders. I didn't want to scare Izzy away from the water after taking four years to get him to go in, but it was not a comfortable float. The gorgeous weather with gentle breezes that made the grass and reeds sway back and forth was very soothing. Luke came out of the water with two leeches on his leg. Mary and I insisted on removing them, while Luk!e wanted to try other techniques, like applying salt, etc. I popped them right out. Nothing on Mary, Hannah or myself....thankfully. Zella, Holly and Izzy didn't have any leeches on them either.

No comments: