Friday, April 17, 2009

Oh, No, It Can't Be Friday!


Last day of my vacation from school. Didn't get nearly enough done but I put a dent in it. What would I say to someone else in my position? Put all your tasks in order of importance, get to work, pace yourself, and do the best you can. What gets done, gets done. What doesn't get done you do for the next show. I want to make "cleansing grains" from a Rainbow Meadow recipe. It consists of ground hand-made soap, wheat germ, oatmeal and cornmeal. I would throw in a few drops of lavender essential oil, ofcourse. You put a small amount in your palm, moisten it with a little water, and gently rub it onto your skin. Leaves your skin positively yummy. That would require another jar purchase from Sunburst and more labels printed. The local print shop in Norwich does a good job with my creme labels. They could even use the same picture. Whoops, I need to get more creme labels printed! All the loose ends. The glorious weather continues. I have several bunnies in need of shearing so I can get one more dye pot going. Jim Baldwin might come tomorrow to shear more sheep so I can have "dyed locks" on the table. I will have a big run to drop off to John from the mill in Maryland - saves shipping. Right now I am still in my jammies cutting and sewing bag bottom inserts. Still now labels. The ribbon and non-bleeding archival pen I bought looks awful. I wonder if I can prevail upon Carol Crayonbox to do one more favor for me and make bag labels. That girl can do anything she puts her mind to. Fortunately for me she is taking payment for the design work she's done for me in the form of fiber, and anything else she wants from my "shop." I have to sweet-talk Matt into making a shelf system. He will balk and say he doesn't have time, but I will persist. After going round and round he will knock something together in a couple of hours. I've seen him do it before. It's just getting him in the right mindset. On deck for today - two more batches of soap then I'm done with soap. Garden Rose and Gingerberry. I have a nice lye burn on my thumb. Drove into town yesterday to buy the rubber gloves I forgot the day before. After all these years I got cocky and thought I could make soap being careful. Yeah, sure. Yesterday's clove and lime came out sooooo nice. Have to get going, the day's awasten. Work on Monday, no, it can't be true. Thank goodness I'm a teacher. Two more months then summer vacation and Hannah and Luke are here!

1 comment:

miaaviva said...

mommie... you do more than anyone I know put together! love you!