Thursday, April 16, 2009

More Nice Weather


Maybe it was the hike up to the pond yesterday or maybe it was not having to worry about going to work in the morning, whatever, but I slept 'til nearly 7 and it was heavenly. Life is good. I have damp turquoise wool to put on the drying rack, and another big batch of overdyed black fleece cooled in the dye pot and ready to wash. I just couldn't let this weather go without putting something on the drying rack. I will have a record amount of roving to sell in Md., the farmer's market, and the fall venues. If I keep up the pace with soap I'll be set with that, too. The alignment of the planets must be right, with good karma in the barn (my home) because the soap making is going well. I took the doggies up to the pond last evening for fresh air, as I'm spending a lot of time inside working. Bodie won't swim out to the ball anymore (sad!!)but we have a neat arrangement going which the dogs remembered from last year. I throw the ball out and Holly dives in. She swims like a black torpedoe for the ball, turns around and brings it to Bodie, who has his front legs in, and drops it in the water in front of him. Bodie grabs the ball and I praise them both. Great team effort and both doggies are proud of themselves. Bodie carries the ball back down the hill so he feels "in charge." It's slow-going and we all wait for him. I don't know how much longer we'll have Bodie. I don't want to deal with it but I'll give him lots of extra attention. Last night he was accidentally left outside after our midnight potty walk. This morning I found him standing in the pile of discarded wool I leave out for the kitties, wagging his tail. I think he was proud of himself, being out with Thor and the White Boys.

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Oh handsome Bodie how well you have trained the younger dogs LOL. he's such a love!!!!

Can't wait to see him and everybody else.

HUGS
Kim