Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Mounties Are Coming


Kim is driving down from Ontario today to spend the night and help me load up. I grew up with Sergeant Preston and the Royal Yukon Mounted Police. The first thing I thought of when I opened my eyes was Sergeant Preston in his red Mounty outfit with his trusty dog, King!! Don't tell me TV shows don't leave an impression on kids. I asked Matt if he remembered Sergeant Preston and he immediately got excited and said Sure I do! Those Canadians are great in a pinch...they know how to git 'r done! Matt is leaving for Malone NY to teach Lead Safe Weatherization. It will be great to have Kim to help with chores and, yes, wrap some more soap. I made creme until 1. Came out great and the new Sunburst Bottle Company jars are adorable. One sleepy camper am I. I had to wake up in time to receive one more lesson in hooking up my little cargo trailer to the F150. Nothing like parking a big truck hitch, which you can't see, precisely over a little ball mounted on the trailer. What fun. And all those chains, locks and wires so I have lights and my stuff doesn't disconnect from the truck and go backwards down the highway causing major pile-ups. Heaven forbid if I have to back it up. With only one axel the cargo trailer swings this way and that if I need to go backwards. Wish I bought a two axel trailer, but at the time I didn't know what an axel was much less the benefits of having one or two. If people only knew what it takes to get to these shows with the goods in one piece maintaining one's sanity...and then have a smile on your face the whole weekend like oh, this is all so easy and fun! I'm being observed in a science class where the teacher is teaching how to get your bearings and read orienteering coordinates and follow a trail. Maybe I will use these skills someday when I'm lost on my way to a sheep show somewhere. I'm outta here.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I'm glad the sunburst bottles are acceptable. I really like them. Fast, a good price...can't beat it.

Henya said...

We are almost there.