Thursday, April 09, 2009

Happy Happy


Lovely full moon tonight. Not a bad day in school. The day before vacations is usually a wash, with movies, basketball, and pancake breakfasts in the classroom. I was the flipper this morning. Off to Wal-Mart after school to pick up olive oil (OO in the soap making industry) and vegetable shortening for soapmaking. I hate to go as it's across Norwich in the wrong direction. My Jeep was full of boxes to send to the carding mill, and I didn't get out of WM in time to get them shipped. PO closed tomorrow, shearer coming Saturday AM. Will have to dash out early to B'field to mail them before he comes. Tough to work a full time job and run a business too. As it is I know John at the mill in Michigan will roll his eyes when he sees more boxes of wool coming from me so close to the show date. He will bring it all to me in Maryland, saving me the cost of shipping home. I will bring more wool to him for carding and he'll bring it to me at shows in the fall. The wool cycle goes round and round. I have to make soap like crazy to get it cured in time. What else is new? Too much to do, too little time. At least I can stay home and get it done. My Army Preacher son AJ was going to come for Easter but has to stay at the seminary for church obligations. Ever since the kids left for college, the military, and the four corners of the earth we've been seperated for holidays. I've never seen Hannah and Luke dressed up on Easter morning. Easter was a big deal when I was growing up and my mother went full tilt. We were dressed to the nines and had Easter baskets we could hardly pick up they were so full of goodies. I still can't get used to not having my family around me but have to deal with it. Staying crazy busy helps a little.

No comments: