Monday, February 16, 2009

Tugging My Heart Strings



Libby is great at keeping in touch with me about the sheep she took last month. She sends me pictures of them and let's me know how they are getting on. I do so appreciate her thoughtfulness. When she's not cleaning out the barn with one of her seven tractors, she's spreading manure in 40 mile an hour winds and freezing rain. Remember, this is the lady who is nationally ranked in 100 mile endurance horse races. I'm not surprised. Libby's husband, Quentin, is blind and paraplegic as a result of an equestrian accident. Libby gets him on a horse for a daily ride. Libby has 55 lambs so far and 31 ewes still to lamb. Here is a picture of one of my, now Libby's, sheep with her twins, in sweaters I sent for them. Oh, how I wish I could mother them. They are just so adorable and mom has such an angelic face. I know they are in good hands. When Libby first took my sheep home she sewed coats for them. Here they are lounging in the sun at their new home in Caledonia.

No comments: