Monday, February 16, 2009

Poor Ole Jack


I think Jackie had a stroke or some sort of cerebral episode. He is stone blind and kind of unsteady on his feet. I found him this morning by the cat box (favorite spot)with his head on the wall, barking for me to come and head him in the right direction. The small apartment is manageable, with no steps, but I feel bad for him. Jackie has a lot of spunk. He was an infant beagle puppy in the Louisville SPCA when Eric and Annie adopted him 13 years ago. Jackie was an adored dog-child until Hannah was born and he came to live with us. We've been carrying him upstairs and down since his legs went bad four years ago. His outofcontrol weight problem didn't help. Now he's trim and thin, but blind and crippled. I guess I'll have to put a leash on him to lead him outside to pee, as he hates to be carried anymore. I hope he just goes to sleep and crosses over quietly one night.

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Sending up a little prayer for Jackie! He's such a good fellow.
HUGS
Kim and crew