Monday, September 01, 2008

Summer is Over


I always regret the end of summer. How lovely of Andrew and Mia to come and make the passing into fall easier to take. I hate leaving my animals all day, but it has to be. I had a full summer, and managed to get away for a weekend to Lisa's bridal shower in NJ. I got myself certified in New York, a big accomplishment having passed the four exams. Now I am good to go until 2011. The barn is gradually filling with hay and the next few days look good for baling. My neighbor, Mr. Spooner, is cutting and baling and taking half for his cows. Jan and Dave are now residents of Brookfield and are happy after two days here in Beaver Valley. Hope it lasts! The nicest part of the summer was having Hannah and Luke here for a whole month...I still can't believe it. It's like a dream. Can't wait for next summer to get them back. If I can manage to keep in hay I will have ponies for them to ride. Dream on...Now I can look forward to the explosion of color on the ridge behind my barn. What a spectacular colorscape in my own backyard.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

oh wow, where has the summer gone? these past few months have really flown by!

Congratulations on getting certified!

and one more thing...I am SOOO jealous that you will have color in the trees this fall! I miss that so much. Please take pictures!