Friday, May 09, 2008

Maryland Musings





Was it really a week ago when I was barreling down the highway at this time with every bit of saleable product I could muster in one week of notice? I had new tires under me and I confess the F150 I have been cursing for the gas it uses was such a pleasure to drive. It got me to the show in airconditioned comfort after being stuck in a four lane parking lot around the Baltimore expressway. Jan met me shortly after I arrived. My building was perfect as it allowed me to pull the truck right up to the side door to unload. We managed to put the booth together before getting back into Jan's SUV for the ride to the Strawberry Inn. There were several ladies laboring to put together the gigantic Susan's Fiber Shop - Wisconsin - across from me. I was thankful I didn't have thousands of books and a dozen spinning wheels to assemble. Those gals made me feel like a slouch. Miss Jane was waiting up for us and greeted us with open arms. We crawled up the stairs and fell into our brass beds...after my hot soak in the bathtub, that is. I slept like a log for the six hours we allowed ourselves. Miss Jane got up early to make our breakfasts, complete with fresh strawberries on strawberry plates, place matts, glasses, etc. It was too lovely. Giant peacocks graced the wallpaper in the dining room. I had not been there in two years and it was just like coming home to a dear Auntie who thoroughly missed me. Miss Jane told the story of how I brought my new lamb - Baby Thunder - my very first sheep - into the dining room for the guests to admire. She recited every word of my proud announcement. I felt so loved...

No comments: