Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Goatie Adventure






Typical of goatie behavior, a few of my does took off to go exploring. There is always something greener and juicier over the next hill. I was worried about them getting into trouble - always a likely scenario - so I followed them. They saw me coming and ducked into the wild hawthorne grove and doubled back. I guess they wanted me to think it was their idea to go back home. I have never gone into the grove and it's just delightful. On the way back I got a picture of my barn, badly in need of paint, and the old cistern the Kupris family put in for their cows. I surprised a frog living in the pool. Nice, clean water. This field will be for the goats in the future. I need to put in a pond someday to dry it up a bit. I fear another attack of the dreaded meningeal worm, which thrives in wet areas. Chris Kupris tells me the earthquake of 1986 rerouted some underground streams and made the field soggy. Perfect for a pond.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not to downplay all the lovely scenery and adventures of the ladies, but are those bale ropes real rope or plastic/poly? Sorry, I'm still playing with bale rope with hopes of creating just the "oohhh" product for your booths. If rope, please, please, please keep them for me. I PROMISE I'll take them home with me next time I visit!