Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Shabby Chic Barnhouse





My shabby chic apartment is taking shape. I've been digging out the hidden treasures from the tractor shed, and adding a few cutesie accents like my Rubber Duckies. Jan bought me some Rubber Ducky shower hooks! They're great (and so is she!) Don't you love the Z-braced pine panel doors, made from the knotty red pine floor panels? Denise, the teacher I share a room with at BOCES, makes these wonderful sheepy embroidered samplers. I like the way the black frames compliment the wrought iron implements. I found a roll of pale beigey/lavender gingham decorator fabric in the chest freezer in the shed and will make living room curtains with it. I will move the sewing machine in the apt. to sew in there this week. I have to run that machine like my life depends on it - how neat to have sewing as a summer job! I met a nice woman named Catha in Wal-Mart yesterday while I was buying some fusible interfacing. She asked me what I was making and we started chatting about sewing. She teaches it with a local Head-Start program and feels, as I do, that sewing should be part of every child's education. Thank Goodness it was part of mine.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Hot apartment! Denise's embroidery does look fabulous with the wrought iron accents!