Monday, June 21, 2010

Solstice Monday





I'm going to miss all this fabulous light. Darkness at 9:32. Good day at work. This week is testing only, and just the few students who didn't finish last week. My wonderful aides, Robin and Melanie have examined every old paper in every box in my room and processed them. I can't believe how much help they are. In previous years I would do what I could then put everything in boxes or file cabinets for safe keeping. Out of sight, out of mind. Robin just wouldn't have it. She's amazing! I rushed home to see my beautiful Mia before she left for New Jersey. She minded the farm for me today. The lucky doggies went up to the pond early today, and nobody had to wait for me to get home before they ate. I sent her home with a new bag, which we found missing a snap frame in a big storage tub, made from lovely coral silk with Indian elephants, and two sets of curtains for her apartment. I hate to see her go but duty calls at the hospital and her fiance, Andrew, wants her back. I don't blame him a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI, I am Patti and I live in South Dakota--I am new to spinning and recently came across your blog--I read it everday and have read all your back posts (took me quite a while)I have really enjoyed them--sound like you and I have alot in common--I also have two sons and a daughter (about your childrens age) and I sew--one of these days I am going to order some lotion Keep the postings coming and the great pictures Patti