Monday, June 07, 2010

Holly and her Ducks


Poor Holly - she has so many little feathered friends to protect. While I clean the bin where the chicks are keeping warm in the bathroom, I put the ducks in the tub to play. They are just too cute with their little webbed feet paddling in the water. I can hardly bear to go to work. Speaking of cute, I found a goat mom with a newborn doe in the back of the barn last night. Smart mom to have her baby inside where it's nice and dry. The world is cool and wet outside and goat kids chill easily. It's the first spring kid birth for me. She's a good size baby and mom adores her. We got them settled in a pen of their own where they can mother-up. I'm happy to have a little goat baby for Hannah and Luke to play with when they come in a month. Off to work...

2 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Holly and her babies to love :) She has to be the worlds most frustrated mommy dog -all her babies grow up and run away from her and all she wants to do is love them. She's such a sweet girl!
Sure she doesn't want to become a Canadian???
HUGS to all
Kim and crew
including a miffed Java at the thought of another dog in HER house!

Henya said...

Poor, poor Holly! So many babies and just one of her. I can relate.