Saturday, June 09, 2007

My New Toy



I bought myself a present today while we were buying plumbing supplies for the apt. I didn't make it to the Farmer's Market today. Couldn't sleep a wink last night. Maybe got two hours. Tossed and turned, having to move dogs around with every shift of my person. We were both groggy and confused when we got up. Matt wanted me to be with him this morning so we went to get what we needed to hook up the sink and the bathtub. I will be painting the outside of the 1929 cast iron clawfoot tub with oil base rustoleum paint (yuk!) which should do the trick. We are using the same spout and handle assembly the tub was manufactured with - hope it works. Matt is painting the bathroom the Wedgewood blue I picked out...looks real nice. Not too blue, with a touch of grey. Have to make little curtains. The window is indented, so it will have to be hung with a spring rod and can't be very thick fabric. I have a little bit of fabric to chose from in my stash (heh, heh, heh). Anyway...my new toy is a Jackson wheelbarrow, very sturdy mason quality with a metal tub. My last wheelbarrow was broken by a surging throng of sheep who were carrying me and my wheel barrow down the barn. My grandson, Luke, learned at an early age to climb the fence quickly when the sheep form their thundering ocean of wool and hoofs. I just hung on to the wheel barrow and fared better than it did. I need to do some manure shovelling and the price was right, and there it was in the back of the pickup (Paid for, ofcourse!)

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Maggie! you were missed at the market today. I am glad you were off getting stuff for your sweet new bathroom! Fun times Fun times.

See you monday for more BOCES fun!

Maggie's Farm said...

Thanks for missing me! The bathroom is painted and all the plumbing parts are organized. Electric is going in so we have lights to turn on. Tub is going in as soon as I paint it and as soon as AJ gets here to help carry it in - wee hee!!

miaaviva said...

mommie.. jenny and i are having a great night! we were just updating ourselves on the farm.. we are so proud of you and can't stop thinking about how much AVOCA resembled YOU!! and how your products are nicer than their's !! we gave them your card.. i proudly told them how much amazing fiber and crafts you produce!!!
oxxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo