Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Big Yellow Hutch


I finally have a place for my giant yellow hutch. I bought it from a store in Morristown that was going out of business. They used it to display knick knacks, etc. It was a dark blue and I painted it bright yellow with glossy paint. It's been moved three times and got banged around quite a bit. I was going to paint it again but my friend, Kelly, said No! just sand around the edges. She is brilliant with stuff like that, so I did what she said. I love the look! Little bits of blue show through and the gloss is gone. Cissy loves it, too. She is the only kitty allowed in the apt. (so far) and she can get up high away from the dogs. Her twelve toes are great for swatting doggies who are trying to steal her food!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Cissy looks so sassy! I just want to hug her and all her toes! Great looking hutch!

Gretchen said...

Cissy looks so sassy! I just want to hug her and all her toes! Great looking hutch!

miaaviva said...

i remember when you got that hutch and painted it!!! cant wait to help decorate with you!!